Once considered as an expensive communication system, difficult to use, and of limited use, videoconferencing has become in a few years a real challenge for companies. It is no longer just a tool for reducing costs and improving productivity, but is now a fully-fledged work tool for a large number of businesses. So, what is video conference?
Video conferencing (videoconferencing) is a means of remote communication that allows through video and audio to transmit information to his interlocutor regardless of the geographical factor. The videoconference is the best way to realize meetings while being at a distance from each other. You can work and communicate face to face on different documents as if you were in the same room.
What is teleconferencing and how does it work?
A teleconference is a two- or more-person live audio- or video-conference call. An organization’s remote teams can work together and communicate even though they are separated by distance thanks to the capacity to teleconference.
A teleconference can, at its most basic, be a speakerphone conversation between participants in two or more locations. A teleconference can also be a video conference, in which participants can see one another, with additional equipment and appropriate arrangements.
What are the differences between video conferencing and teleconferencing?
The development of new technology has contributed significantly to the industry’s continued rapid growth. Regarding teleconferencing and videoconferencing, you can be confused. In the following sections, we’ll outline the key answers of “What are the differences between video conferencing and teleconferencing?”
What is the difference between teleconferencing and video conferencing?
Teleconferencing is voice or audio-video communication, while video conferencing supports conferencing by providing both video and voice, so you can absolutely see the person as you listen to the communicator.
- While video conferencing promotes the conference by offering both the video and speech, so that you can clearly see the communicator while you are listening to them, teleconferencing is voice-only or audio-video communication.
- While video conferencing offers VoIP services, teleconferencing can send data while the conference is in progress using either conventional PBX systems or VoIP. The latter strongly relies on networking broadband while the former uses less capacity.
- Video conferencing allows you to exchange more information such as files, programs, a whiteboard, and more in addition to the audio and video data that teleconferencing may deliver.
What is the benefit of using video conferencing systems?
We have described what is video conferencing? The next question is What is the benefit of using video conferencing systems? Video conferencing has been one of the most important means of online communication in terms of private web calls with family and friends. And most importantly, it is becoming a way to run a business and educational activities.
Introducing a video conferencing solution into an organization is a way to quickly connect and collaborate with employees, managers, associates, business partners or freelancers from all over the world.
A global shift to online meetings
There is no doubt that the topics such as web conferencing, online meetings and video conferencing have literally exploded, prompting us to investigate the use of webinars and video conferencing platforms during a pandemic.
The new reality has changed the landscape of business objectives in the use of this technology:
The Big Advantages
New communication perspectives: Videoconferencing brings people together and abolishes distances. You have access, at lower costs, to new market horizons.
A considerable time saving: With videoconferencing, you save 90% of your travel time.
An ecological behavior: Videoconferencing is a more economical and less polluting alternative to air travel and offers efficient communication possibilities.
Increased productivity: Videoconferencing enables immediate connection from anywhere in the world. Employees and clients see each other more often and are more productive during their meetings. This strengthens the bonds of trust and improves the quality of work.
Reduced stress and team fatigue: Long trips are tiring and can have a negative impact on the personal life of business travelers. Videoconferencing remobilizes teams and improves their living conditions.
How to use videoconferencing properly – 4 key elements
Okay, video conferencing and online meetings have become fundamental in terms of mandatory and online distance learning. Now, let’s take a closer look at the essential aspects of introducing digital meetings into your daily work.
Equipment: When it comes to hardware, you obviously need a computer or a mobile device
Security first: It is essential to choose the right software to organize online meetings securely. Make sure the platform of your choice guarantees the security of your future events with a unique password or token.
Data protection: As an online meeting host, it makes more sense to choose a platform whose servers and data processing
- Screen sharing – you can’t imagine an effective meeting without the ability to share a screen and present what you are currently working on.
- Whiteboard – a simple, but very useful tool to record and visualize ideas during a meeting and save the results for later reference.
- Chat – a group or private chat window is useful for sharing thoughts and asking questions as the meeting progresses.
- Meeting Recording – What if someone can’t attend an event? Event recording comes to the rescue and allows that person to follow the meeting at any time.
Disadvantages and limitations of video conferencing
What are Disadvantages and limitations of video conferencing?
While video conferencing has many advantages, it also has limitations. For example, video calls require a constant broadband Internet connection, which is not available everywhere.
Conferences with high latency in the audio or video streams quickly become frustrating.
Another drawback is the still high cost of high-quality corporate video conferencing systems. Companies are embracing video services to reduce their business travel costs. But beyond pure software or SaaS solutions, many still have to equip their premises with dedicated rooms, which translates into significant budgets (hardware equipment, licenses, system installation and maintenance, etc.).
How Vedubox makes video conferencing easier
Vedubox serves many organizations in Turkey for the comprehensive needs of remote working with Online Meeting (Video Conference) and e-Learning system.
To best meet your needs, different solutions exist in Vedubox
- Corporate videoconferencing with messaging and real-time content sharing
- ZOOM for conference rooms with a software system, impeccable video, integrated audio and wireless content sharing
- ZOOM Phone, a next-generation business phone system
- ZOOM Video Webinars for creating virtual events with live streaming
Plan your online meeting now with Vedubox Meet, which comes with Zoom integrated.
ZOOM provides a simple and reliable cloud-based platform for audio and video conferencing, collaborative work, instant messaging and webinars from mobile devices, desktops, phones and room systems.
With ZOOM video conferencing solutions, you offer your teams a reliable tool that will allow them to exchange, work, and share content at any time, wherever they are.
The main advantages of Zoom
- Collaboration – An intuitive platform to facilitate and strengthen exchanges
- Security – Encrypted and secure flows for maximum confidentiality
- Scalability – A simple and scalable platform for a unique user experience